Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

 
Title: Finale (Hush, Hush #4)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
Published: October 23, 2012
Narrator: Caitlin Greer

From Goodreads:

Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.


My Thoughts:


 I remember reading Hush, Hush (book one) last year and really enjoying it. Although I liked the second and third books of this series, I didn't find them as captivating as Hush, Hush Finale, however, managed to draw me in and I was happy to find that I really liked it! It was a great ending to a fun series.

We pick up shortly where we left off in Silence. Nora has gotten herself in a situation that she really does not want to be in.  The Nephilim have sworn to go to war with the fallen angels, and that includes Patch. Therefore, Nora must walk a thin line between what she wants to do and what she should do.

 I must admit, I found it kind of hard to believe that Hank would entrust the care of his Nephilim army into the hands of such a young girl, especially when he knew that she didn't want the job and didn't know what she was really doing.  Did he really expect the Nephilim to blindly follow her?  Despite all this, Nora seemed competent and confident, and did not outwardly show her insecurities, but to a few trusted friends.  I found myself adoring Scott throughout this whole book, and I think I many have even liked him better than Patch! Scott was there for her without any questions asked and gave everything he had to help her when she needed him. Patch was great in this story too. He really loves and trusts Nora, and tries to protect her, even when she disagrees with him.  Sometimes Nora did come across as rash and naïve, so I'm glad that Patch did what he needed to do. 

Although parts of Finale made me sad, I think that the series ended in a good way (which is saying a lot, since I am often afraid of finishing any series). There were also a couple of big surprises that I didn't see coming! I also loved the prologue and felt comfortable with how the story ended.


**This time,  I decided to listen to the audio version of Finale, and I'm so glad that I did! I was really impressed with the reader, Caitlin Greer, as she did a fantastic job, and her voice was very pleasant. I hope to find some more audio books narrated by her.



Rating: 4 Stars


1 comment:

  1. Our firm, Bostick Communications, distributes press releases via e-mail for our clients who are authors.  These releases make contacts, such as yourself, aware of new books that are available for review.
     
    We would like to add you to that database to receive releases from our clients. 
     
    You will receive one press release per day on the average. You have the opportunity to specify certain genres that you are interested in to reduce the number of releases you receive, if you wish.
     
    There is no obligation on your part and you may unsubscribe at any time.
     
    Thank you for your time to consider our service.
     
    Best,
    Ken Eason
    Bostick Communications

    www.bostickcommunications.com

    bostickops@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR