I have had this series on my radar for quite some time. One day, I was in a mood for something darkish and different. While browsing through my shortlist, I spotted Sins & Needles, and that seemed to fit what I was looking for. I definitely made the right call on that! I ended up reading the whole series back-to-back, including the short story- On Every Street. I don't know if you're "supposed" to read this novella before or after Sins & Needles, but I read it after, and I'm glad that I did! It gave me some great insight about Ellie's past. There had been this mystery element while reading Sin's & Needles, and I kept wondering, "who is Javier and what exactly happened there?!" On Every Street answered my questions and was definitely an asset to the trilogy. I also liked being introduced to Camden before I was introduced to Javier.
Like I said, I ended up reading this series without really stopping much (except when I had to do my pesky homework). Rather than reviewing each book individually, I decided to just wait to share my general feelings as a whole, and to be honest, some of the elements and time tables of what happened were a little blurred because I did not review or take notes in between books. (Sorry about that, guys.)
At the same time, the fact that I did read the Artist Trilogy in one go, says a lot about it, does it not? I would describe this series as being dark, gritty, compelling, honest, and suspenseful.
The characters:
Ellie Watt: I wasn't sure what to think about her at first. In the beginning, I thought that she was self-serving and selfish at times. She didn't really take a good look at the people around her and see them as individuals with feelings and a story. Therefore, was a wonderful to take a journey with Ellie and to see her grow and to learn things about herself.
Camden: I really liked Camden. Yes, he was beautiful with all his tats, height, and muscle. I absolutely loved his artistic side and how he could see within people. He wasn't all that he appeared to be.
Javier: I don't even know what to say about Javier, to be honest. He was so complex, conflicted, and really...crazy at times. Still, I found myself drawn to him and his mysteriousness. I kept wanting to read more scenes with him in them, even though he really scared me at times.
This was my first series by Karina Halle, and it certainly will not be my last! She has so much talent, and I love how she weaved together a captivating story and wrote about some interesting characters.





























No comments:
Post a Comment