Review: Perfekt Order by S.T. Bende


Title: Perfekt Order
Series: Aere Saga, #1
Author: S.T. Bende
Date Published: December 8, 2015

All's fair when you're in love with War.


For seventeen-year-old Mia Ahlström, a world ruled by order is the only world she allows. A lifetime of chore charts, to-do lists and study schedules have helped earn her a spot at Redwood State University’s engineering program. And while her five year plan includes finding her very own happily-evah-aftah, years at an all-girls boarding school left her feeling woefully unprepared for keg parties and co-ed extracurricular activities.


So nothing surprises her more than catching the eye of Tyr Fredriksen at her first college party. The imposing Swede is arrogantly charming, stubbornly overprotective, and runs hot-and-cold in ways that defy reason . . . until Mia learns that she’s fallen for the Norse God of War; an immortal battle deity hiding on Midgard (Earth) to protect a valuable Asgardian treasure from a feral enemy. With a price on his head, Tyr brings more than a little excitement to Mia’s rigidly controlled life. Choosing Tyr may be the biggest distraction—or the greatest adventure—she’s ever had.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26308021-perfekt-order

Amazon /  B&N

My Thoughts:


PERFEKT ORDER is the start of another great series by S.T. Bende! Ever since I read her first book, Elsker, back in 2013,  I have been really curious about Norse mythology. I love how Bende incorporates many aspects of it into her stories, while adding a  modern spin on them. I also enjoy the tidbits of Scandinavian culture that she adds, such as the language and food. 

PERFEKT ORDER takes place in the same world as the Elsker Saga, however we meet a whole new cast of characters- Mia, Tyr, Brynn, and of course, Henrik. Mia has a Type A personality. She likes everything organized, planned, and done perfectly. This means, no surprises or anything that she can't control. But then one day, she meets the mysterious Tyr Fredriksen, and her world is turned upside down. In some ways he is like her, yet there is so much she doesn't know about him, and it drives her crazy. Will Mia be able to to make an exception for Tyr and be able to just roll with the punches? 

Tyr was such a great character! He certainly had a lot on his plate, and a lot of responsibilities.  I liked how he wanted to protect his loved ones, without being too overbearing. He also happens to be very handsome and swoon-worthy.

 I really liked the way that S.T. Bende was able to blend all of the story elements in together, as well, and create an exciting adventure.  I have to admit, she managed to surprise me at the end, as the outcome never even occurred to me! 

 I am very much looking forward to the next book in this series. I'm anxious to find out more about the other characters...especially Henrik, who was my favorite and who I just adored.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR