Today's TTT is inspired by songs that I wish could be turned into books. I'm sure that some of these themes have been turned into books, and I just haven't read them. Some are popular tropes that I actually enjoy.
Anywho. Here goes:
1.
Down by Jason Walker
It's watching everyone around you find love, happiness, and/or their soulmates, and waiting for your turn.
2.
Below My Feet by Mumford & Sons
It's about staying humble. Could be applied to books about celebrities or those who seem to have it all.
3.
Miss Invisible by Marie Digby
This could be a YA book about bullying. It could also be about someone who feels lonely and/or like an outsider.
4.
Turn to Stone by Ingrid Michaelson
I can't take credit for this, but it's inspired by a choreographed piece by Travis Wall (So You Think You Can Dance), about Greek statues who come to life. They are frozen in time. Do you ever look at an old statue, and wonder what the story is behind it?
5.
Sorry by Maria Mena
Unrequited Love. Or finding the courage to tell someone you love them, only to have them break your heart.
6.
Winter Winds by Mumford & Sons
This song could mean a lot of things. One of the themes that I get out of it and could be applied to a book, is not settling. It's also about not confusing physical love with real love. Or it could be a story about being with someone who's not good for you.
7.
Dig With Me by Allie Moss
I have loved Allie's music for years. Dig With Me would be a story about trying to save a relationship.
8.
Little Did You Know by Alex and Sierra
I want to know what he did. Will she forgive him, or there too much strife.
9.
Sober by P!nk
So.. I have lived through this...watching someone I loved slowly destroy themselves and hoping they will turn their lives around. This could also be a story about someone who is going through this themselves. I would like this done with alternating povs (I know, I know. I can't believe I said that, too).
10.
Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson...or Elvis Presley
I love books about second chances. I have read a lot of books about guys who have taken their girl for granted, but what about the opposite? Maybe a story in which the girl takes her man for granted and doesn't realize it, until it's (almost) too late?


























Great list and I totally agree with Always on My Mind!!
ReplyDeletemy TTT
Thanks! :) It's always been one of my favorites. :)
DeleteYAY Mumford! I had so much trouble narrowing down the one I wanted to use! LOL. Love Below My Feet and Winter Winds! Down by Jason Walker- omg I heard that on TVD and have been hooked ever since! I like the idea for Sober. It would definitely be a darker book!
ReplyDeleteIt was REALLY hard to choose which M&S I wanted to use. So I chose 2 of my favorites. Lol. I really need to watch TVD. I read the books a long time ago, but I haven't seen the show.
Delete