Title: Green Latte to GoSeries: standalone
Author: Aven Ellis
Publisher: RJM Publishing
Date Published: September 13, 2016
Perfect Drink: Green tea latte with coconut milk and raw honey.
Perfect Fashion Icon: The Duchess of Cambridge. Always on point with her fashion, dressing appropriately for every occasion and not afraid to recycle things from her wardrobe, I truly admire her class and style.
Perfect Place: Seattle.
Perfect Activity for Relaxation: Yoga. I’m terrible at it, but I’m determined to perfect downward dog. Someday.
For Seattle blogger Payton James, life is all about trying to achieve perfection. Payton is determined to be her best self in all areas, and she refuses to rest until she achieves it.
However, an imperfect moment in a coffee shop completely changes Payton’s life. When her drink order gets switched by mistake, Payton finds herself face-to-face with a gorgeous British man named Brooks.
Payton is instantly attracted to the witty stranger who is quick with his words—and has a beautiful smile.
Brooks is an exotic veterinarian with a huge passion for animals. Heartache in his past has led him to focusing on his career out of fear of getting hurt again. But there’s something about Payton that makes this vet want to know more about the bubbly blogger he has met via fate—and has him reconsidering his stance on love.
My Thoughts:
Green Latte to Go was such a cute, contemporary romance! It's one of those stories that just make you feel good in general and gives you faith in the goodness of the people around you. It's nice to sit down at the end of the day and to relax, curl up with a book such as this, and to be able to smile and take a big sigh of relief.Green Latte to Go was not a story filled with a lot of drama or angst. It was about doing the things that you love and not having to worry whether it meets others approval or acceptance. I really liked how the main characters, Payton and Brooks, enjoy their jobs and their community. Payton cherishes her job as a professional blogger, but has to constantly defend her passion for all things Princess Kate to her family, who feel that she should use her college degree to find other means of employment.
Brooks was such a dream in every way. I can just imagine what his accent sounds like, and the looks he gives when he's being shy or feeling embarassed. He had so much respect for Payton and her family (even when they were being rude), and I really admired that.
One of my favorite aspects of this story was the setting. I feel fortunate to have been able to visit Seattle with my family, and it quickly became one of my favorite U.S. cities. There's just something special and magical about that place. The scene at Pikes Place Market, in particular, brought back some happy memories.
Aven Ellis once again manages to write a great page turner. I cannot wait to see what else she has in store for us!

























Oh I like the title of this one, it sounds like a cute and romantic read. I like how you describe it as how it gives you faith in the goodness of the people around you.
ReplyDeleteThat's cool Payton is a professional blogger! And it's nice to read a book low on the angst and drama. And that's great the author managed to bring the setting alive! Great review!