Title:On Thin IceSeries: Dallas Demons #4
Author: Aven Ellis
Date Published: November 30, 2016
Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing
Holly Johansson knows some things in her life are certain after college graduation:
1.) It’s a long road to become a full-time author. 2.) She’ll need to work to pay her bills. 3.) And Dallas Demons superstar Matt Rhinelander will never return her feelings.
Holly knows her unrequited crush on the partying hockey player is ridiculous. There’s no way Matt would be attracted to a woman who prefers nights in watching TV or reading books when he’s known for his frequent bar hops and fast lifestyle. Obviously he would never see her as anything other than his teammate’s little sister.
Yet Holly is drawn to the other side of Matt—the man she knows has always been thoughtful and easy to talk to whenever she’s been alone with him. It is this Matt that fueled the crush Holly has on him. And she knows it will always be just that—a secret crush.
Or will it?
Because when Matt helps Holly through a crisis, her heart begins to believe that there might be feelings on his part, too. After a night of hard partying puts Matt in jeopardy with the Dallas Demons, can Holly be the one to save him? And when Matt admits he sees her as more than Nate Johansson’s sister, will it put both of them on thin ice?
My Thoughts:
Okay, so I have not found an Aven Ellis book that I don't like. I absolutely adore all of her hockey romances. They are so fun and swoony, and they shed a good spotlight on the hockey world. Well, I can now say that not only did On Thin Ice not disappoint, but it is now my favorite Aven Ellis book!Gah. I don't know where to start, except that I loved the angst and the almost forbidden love between the two main characters. After reading about Holly in the previous books, I wasn't sure what to think about her...especially after what she did in book two. However, I found that I could relate to Holly in so many ways, with her being a reader and an introvert and all. I thought that Ellis did a great job depicting social anxiety, and I felt that I could understand Holly better. I liked her! She was sweet and endearing.
I could not help but love Matt as well. I was pleased to find out what was beneath that exterior of his. He was so compassionate and caring towards those around him and others just did not see it. I wanted to smack a couple of characters at one point.
On Thin Ice was filled with laughs, yet there were other times that made me reflect on serious issues, as well. It was nice to see some of the "older" characters that we met in the previous books. I cannot wait to see what Aven Ellis writes next. She just seems to get better and better.

























No comments:
Post a Comment