2017 in Review



I don't know about you, but I thought that 2017 went by pretty fast!

I wanted to take the time to share my year in regards to books that I read and to give a final update on the challenges that I participated in. 

Here we go....


In 2017, I read 91 Books!


My Average Rating was a 3.8. 





I discovered new (to me) authors that I really liked, and will definitely read more of their books.



I also discovered a few new favorite series...

The Immortal Beloved trilogy by Cait Tiernan
The Schuyler Sisters by Beatriz Williams
Splintered by AG Howard
Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher

Favorite Books of 2017

Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Forgotten Silence by Quinn Loftis
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon
On Second Thought by Kristan Higgins
A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams


So how did I do on my 2017 Challenges? Not too bad. I came very close to meeting all of my goals!




My Goal was to listen to 5-10 Audiobooks:

10/10



My goal was to read 20 Contemporary Romance books:

24/20


My goal was to read 15 Fantasy books:

12/15 
(almost!)


My goal was to read 16 Historical Romance books:

18/17


Phew! 

Looking to 2018...

I have challenged myself to read 75 books this year!

Other than the Goodreads challenge, I haven't decided on whether or not I want to join in any other reading challenges for 2018. As a mood reader, I kind of like having the option of picking up whichever book strikes my fancy. At the same time, I fell in love with adult contemporary romance this year and have found that I want to read even more historical romance novels. A huge reason for that   was due to the challenges above. 
If I do join in any other challenges for 2018, it will definitely be some kind of Arc/Netgalley challenge. I always find myself needing to catch up on those. 

How about you? Will you be joining in any challenges this year?
What were your favorite reads in 2018?







1 comment:

  1. Go Anna!

    This is the second time I've seen someone talk about the Splintered series. I'm going to have to check that out along with Caraval and Salt to the Sea... pretty sure I have both of those on my kindle lol.

    ReplyDelete

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR