The Bottom Line by Aven Ellis


Title: The Bottom Line
Series: (Chicago on Ice, #4)
Author: Aven Ellis
Date Published: Oct 17, 2018

After landing her dream job as an assistant buyer for a luxury fashion retailer in Minneapolis, Taylor Hartigan’s life becomes a nightmare. Performing mundane tasks and catering to the ridiculous whims of the boss from hell, she sees no opportunity for advancement. Though she’s never quit anything in her life, Taylor walks out and heads home to Chicago, the city that holds her heart. With her confidence shaken and no job on the horizon, she knows she has to find herself again.

Once she arrives, she’s shocked to learn hockey player Hunter Riley has been traded to the Chicago Buffaloes. Taylor met Hunter the previous season when his hard-hitting play broke the glass in front of her. Meeting him after the game, something passed between them—and has stayed with her ever since. Since she’s followed his career, she knows he’s coming off a disastrous season in Houston and must rediscover his game in Chicago—or face losing his hockey dream.

The timing couldn’t be worse for the pair to become involved since they’re both at a crossroads but the chemistry between them can’t be denied. Taylor worries that their budding relationship won’t survive the challenges of rebuilding two broken careers. Can the new versions of themselves fit together? Or tear them apart?

Or will love be the bottom line, after all?

My Thoughts:


I really enjoyed this latest installment in the Chicago on Ice series! I always find myself claiming to have new favorite characters after each new story. The Bottom Line was no exception.

Hunter has been traded twice within a short amount of time, and doesn't have much time to basically save his NHL career. He also has to live up to his brother who hasn't faced the struggles that Hunter has. Taylor is also facing a big change in her life and has been putting a lot of pressure on herself to exceed her parents expectations. I think almost everyone has had similar fears of failing at something; I know I have. My heart really went out to Hunter, especially, and  I took a big liking to him right away. His little quirks were so endearing and I liked how easygoing he was. I also appreciated how Taylor really grew in the story and how her mindset changed so much. I also adored her relationship with her brother and sister-in law!

The Bottom Line was such a fun read and a great way to escape for a while. I am really looking forward to the next story in Aven Ellis' hockey world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR