Nate by J.B. Morgan



Title: Nate
Series: Texas Jacks Novel, #1
Author: J.B. Morgan
Publisher: J.B. Morgan Publication
Date Published: April 6, 2017

Nate
When Nathan Jackson's world shattered, and fell out from under him, his two best friends were there to help pick up the pieces. There’s nothing that Nate wouldn’t do for them.

It’s been a few years since then, and Nate’s life seems pretty content between his friends, work, and his love of dirt bike racing. When Nate’s out on the track, he can let it all go, be free, and finally feel at peace.

But when it comes to relationships, Nate's not looking for anything long-term. He swears that love isn't worth the risk—until she walks through the doors of Texas Jack's.


Charlie
Charlotte Davenport knows that something has to give, or life will pass her by. It's time to add a little excitement to her routine. Charlie isn't expecting much, but with her friends at her side, she feels ready to break out of her shell. But something’s missing.

When she, and her friends, head out to Texas Jack's for a night of fun, Charlie meets him — Nathan Jackson. He just might be the man to help Charlie overcome her shyness, and shake up her world.

But first, Nate must be willing to let his guard down and take a chance on Charlie. And if that happens, can Charlie open herself up enough to let him in?





My Thoughts: 


It seems that I can seldom relate to many of the female main characters that I read about lately, especially in the New Adult genre. I had sworn off the genre (at least temporarily), but there was just something about the synopsis that beckoned me to give Nate a chance. I am really glad that I did!

I could definitely relate to Charlie (Charlotte), and thought she was a rather refreshing character to read about. She kind of reminded me of myself when I was in my early twenties. I, too, was painfully shy and unsure of myself. I didn't really know how to flirt or act around guys that I was attracted too. She also had strong morals and was especially close to her family. While I am not especially close to my family (unfortunately), I love reading about characters who are, and I am enthralled by the whole dynamic. I also loved that Charlie lived on her own, yet had a great group of friends to look out for her and vice versa.

Nate, himself, was a great character. He wasn't without his flaws or his demons, yet he was kind, patient, and quite romantic. I know that he probably wanted to go further (physically) with Charlie, yet he didn't push her.

If I had to criticize one thing about this book, it would be the nicknames. As a very short girl myself, I wasn't really a fan of Nate calling her names that addressed her height. I know he meant them as an endearment, but I had somewhat of a hard time getting past that.

Overall, this was a great start to a new series! I really liked the minor characters and even the the "villains" of the story. I am hoping that we will get to read more about Tucker, Holt, Naomi, and Halley in the upcoming books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR