May Update




Is it June already? 


I neglected to do a monthly update for April, so I made sure that I was on top of getting my May update out before I got too sidetracked. 

So here goes:


I participated in the Clean Sweep ARC challenge hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Reads. My primary goal was to read and review 5 ARCs, unfortunately I only read 2. I tried. 

Save the Date by Aven Ellis
Nate by J.B. Morgan

2/5



 I listened to Voyager by Diana Gabaldon. I'd already read the paperback twice, but I really wanted to try the audio version. I had mixed reactions to it because I wasn't a big fan of the narrator. I still enjoyed it, as Voyager is one of my all-time favorite books.

I've listened to a total of 5 audiobooks. My goal was to listen to 5-10 audiobooks this year, so I've met that challenge. Go me! Everything else is just gravy.

5/5-10



I read 2 books in May for the Contemporary Romance Challenge. 

Nate by J.B. Morgan
Save the Date by Aven Ellis

This means I am over halfway to my goal of 20 books!

12/20


I didn't read any fantasy books in April or May. I better get on it! 

3/15


I am really getting into Historical Romance books! I'm finding some new HR authors and series that I really like, as well as a few that I'm not a big fan of.
 I found a new (to me) HR author who I especially liked- Marsha Cunham! I definitely want to read more of her books and finish her Highlands series.

I read 6 Historical Romance books in May.

Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas  3 Stars
The Pride of Lions by Marsha Cunham 4.5 Stars
My Highland Love by Tarah Scott 2 Stars
Ransom by Julie Garwood 4.5-5 Stars
The Secret by Julie Garwood 4 Stars
The Wedding by Julie Garwood 2.5 Stars

11/16


I read a total of 9 books in May! My favorites were:

Ransom and The Pride of Lions










Until next time!










4 comments:

  1. I really want to read some Julie Garwood! I also have some major catching up to do with Lisa Kleypas' HR books! Yay for reading Save the Date! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of Lisa Kleypas books to read as well. There are so many of them! I really liked Ransom by Julie Garwood.

      Delete
  2. I love that you are trying to read more historical romance! I absolutely LOVE historicals. Lisa Kleypas is one of my faves and her older historicals are just amazing! Try her Wallflowers series :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I have the Wallflowers on my radar! Will definitely give that series a try.

      Delete

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR