Squeeze Play by Aven Ellis


Title: Squeeze Play
Series: Washington DC Soaring Eagles, #1
Author: Aven Ellis
Date Published: October 25, 2017

Full of enthusiasm, recent college graduate Hayley Carter is thrilled to be working for a non-profit organization in Washington, DC. Having spent most of her life in the background due to family circumstances, Hayley is eager to step up and be heard—and bring much needed change to her new organization. Romance is on the shelf because now is the time to focus on herself and new career. Armed with a self-help book guaranteed to improve her personal and professional life, Hayley is ready to become the best version of herself. 

But will a baseball player for the Washington Soaring Eagles challenge her thoughts about dating and the person she thinks she needs to be?

Brody Jensen is the new catcher for the professional team in DC. Baseball means everything to Brody and was his salvation growing up. Brody intends to make the most of his full-time shot behind the plate. Which means no serious relationships. 

However, when a chance encounter leads him to Hayley, Brody finds himself wanting to know all about the beautiful blonde who has engaged him from the moment he spotted her. Together, they find themselves questioning the ideals they had set for not only relationships, but themselves, too.

When the cherry blossoms bloom in the nation's capital, Cupid puts a squeeze play on Hayley and Brody. Will they be brave enough to love themselves and each other? Will love be called out? Or will their relationship be safe at home?





My Thoughts: 

I have loved all of Aven Ellis' hockey contemporary romance books, and I am so happy that she decided to branch out and write a baseball themed series. Baseball is another one of my passions and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed Squeeze Play! 

The characters were so endearing and lovable. I totally fell for Brody! He was relatable, down to earth, and sweet. I liked that he didn't feel like he had to have appear a certain way or acquire certain possessions just because he was a sports star. Yes, he was self conscious sometimes. He had a hard time getting through high school and was intimidated by some people. I've occasionally had those same feelings, however, and couldn't really blame him for that. Hayley was cute and quirky, and I got a kick out of her obsession with kitchen gadgets. I also adored her relationship with Dominik and Barbara. The older couple was so fun and had me grinning at their banter!

Squeeze Play was a great start to a new and different series, and will have you craving ballpark food like crazy. (Can I get some of those helmet nachos?) I smiled and chuckled my way though the story, and I enjoyed all of the baseball references. I am eager for this series to continue, and I cannot wait to read Katie's story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR