Dream So Dark by Quinn Loftis


Title: Dream So Dark
Series: Dream Makers, #2
Author: Quinn Loftis
Date Published: November 7, 2017

**Warning: Dream So Dark is book 2 in this series and darker than book 1. Child trafficking is mentioned though not graphic. No explicit explanations but themes of sexual violence and healing after are explored. Thank you for considering my book for your next read.**


He was created to be a messenger and guider of dreams. He has traveled the earth for centuries upon centuries fulfilling his purpose. Until her. Serenity crept into his existence as seamlessly as the dreams he wove and just as effortlessly, she stole his heart. Their future is still unclear, but Dair knows he doesn't want to spend even another hour without her.
Meanwhile Emma Whitmore, a brilliant young girl whose overcome so much at her tender young age was dropped in both their laps, but for what purpose neither is certain. Taken from the people she's grown to love and put in a home with a man who has no love to give, she fights to survive. She just has to hang on until she can be returned to the adoptive family who has already claimed her.
Three lives, unsure of what is to come, fighting the darkness that is closing in all around them. If they are to have any future together, then evil cannot prevail. But at what cost to them?





My Thoughts: 


Wow. This was intense! Dream So Dark is the second book in the Dream Makers series, which is a modern take on the Sandman legend. It takes place right after the first book, Dream of Me, left off. I have read all but one book by Quinn Loftis, and this is definitely the darkest and heaviest of all of her books. (Note that there is a disclaimer and there are some trigger warnings in the synopsis.) 

Dream So Dark is Christian based, and Loftis gives us a glimpse of a spiritual realm where demons and angels influence humans. Most people don't see them, but sometimes feel their presence. There were parts of the story that made me incredibly sad and brought tears to my eyes, and I kept questioning why certain events happened. Where was the author going with this? I honestly don't think that I could have saw or handled things the way that Serenity or Darla did. I would have reacted quite differently. Just when I thought that I couldn't bear anymore, Loftis brought us out and showed us the light at the end. 

I really liked that this book made me think and it gave me a different perspective on the way I view things, especially when it comes to challenges in life. How do I handle them? Do I turn inward or do I face them and try to see the silver lining? 

I have grown especially attached to these characters and I am hoping for the best for them. There is one person in particular who has reached rock bottom, and I must know what will happen in the next book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR