Endre by ST Bende


Title: Endre (Elsker Saga, #2)
Author: ST Bende
Published: September 9, 2013
Publisher:  Entranced Publishing

From Goodreads:

Sometimes, finding your destiny means doing the exact opposite of what The Fates have planned.

Winning the heart of an immortal assassin was a dream come true for Kristia Tostenson. Now she’s knee deep in wedding plans, goddess lessons, and stolen kisses. But her decision to become immortal could end in heartbreak -- not only for Kristia, but for the god who loves her. Because while Ull would do anything to protect his bride, even the God of Winter is powerless against the Norse apocalypse. Ragnarok is coming. And the gods aren’t even close to ready.



My Thoughts:


I couldn't wait to get my hands on Endre, which is the second book of the Elsker Saga. When I first saw the cover, I became even more excited because of the gorgeous, snowflake crown, and knowing what it meant and represented. I had read the first book, Elsker, back in August, and absolutely loved it! Since then, I have missed Ull, Kristia, Inga, and Gunnar, but I also worried about what might happen to them with Ragnarok quickly approaching. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait too long to find out!

 Endre takes place soon after the events in Elsker.  Kristia has a lot on her mind, from her college graduation, her upcoming wedding to Ull, mysterious dreams, learning how to use her gift, and the inevitable approach of Ragnarok.  She and Ull also have a few things they must work through in order to have a happy marriage.  By the way, I just love Ull!  He's such a strong, dominant male, yet he has such a tender side for Kristia.  I found myself smiling whenever he spoke to her. 

I was amazed at what Kristia was able to learn to do with her gift in such a short period of time. Perhaps that is an indication of her maybe having a stronger power than some of the other gods?  Whatever the reason, Kristia was a strong heroine  and never seemed to doubt what she could do to try and help her new family as an equal. I really admired her confidence.

As much as I enjoyed the book, I kind of wished that a couple of the scenes were extended a little more. (highlight for spoiler) At the wedding/reception,  I sort of hoped that Kristia would have had  a special scene with her parents, since there was a possibility she might not ever see them again. 
Ok, now  I know I'm probably in the minority on this one, but since  Endre was written from Kristia's point of view,  I would have loved to have  heard some Ragnarok 'battle' stories at the very end, perhaps from one or two  the other Norwegian gods and warriors. Ragnarok was such an epic event, and we were with Kristia the whole time, so I kind of want to know more about what the others experienced.  I do have to say, that the fight scenes we did experience were very impressive! It was awesome to see Gunnar in action too.

Overall, I found Endre to be very enjoyable, and I look forward to reading more books by ST Bende in the near future. I'm not sure if there is going to be a third book in the Elsker Saga, but the ending leaves it open to the possibility.



By the way, the prequel for the Elsker Saga, is available on Smashwords, and it's free! It's called Tur, and it written from Inga's point of view. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!


Rating: 4 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Great review Anna, I still have to read Endre. I am curious which scenes you wished where a little bit more extended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lola! Aw, I didn't mean to be a tease, there were just a couple of things I would have liked to have been added. It's difficult to review sequels without spoilers. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR