Simple Perfection by Abbi Glines


Title: Simple Perfection (Perfection series, #2, Rosemary Beach, #5)
Author: Abbi Glines
Published: September 23, 2013
Published by: Atria Books


From Goodreads:


Woods had his perfect life mapped out for him. Rise up the ranks of the family business. Marry the rich girl of his parents’ dreams. Pretend that wealth and privilege was all he’d ever wanted. Then a girl named Della breezed into town, a beautifully imperfect stranger who captured his heart and opened his eyes to a new kind of future. Woods is ready and willing to sacrifice everything for her when the sudden death of his father leaves him with his mother to care for and a business to manage.

Della is determined to be strong for Woods, even as she’s quietly falling to pieces. No matter how far from home she’s run, the ghosts of her past have never stopped haunting her. Struggling to hide her true feelings from Woods, Della fears she can’t be his rock without dragging him down into the darkness with her. But is she strong enough to let go of the last thing holding her together?



My Thoughts:


I have to say- this is my favorite Abbi Glines book thus far.  I've always enjoyed the other books in the Rosemary Beach series, but Simple Perfection just had a little something extra. We pick up right where we left off in Twisted Perfection, where Woods Kerrington now has a lot more work and new responsibilities that he has inherited. He knows he can do anything as long as he has his girlfriend, Della Sloane, by his side. However, Della still continues to battle all of her demons and insecurities.

I liked that Della really grew up in this book. Although she could have gone about things differently, she really came into her own and learned that she was stronger than she thought she was.  I really like Woods' character, but he really frustrated me a couple of times, with how he treated people. However, he did get a chance to redeem himself in my eyes, and then I just wanted to just hug him.

There were also appearances by Rush, Blaire, and Grant to my delight! I am so glad that Abbi Glines keeps us up to date as to what her previous characters are doing and that she includes them in her newer stories. I am a huge Grant fan, and we got to see little sneak peeks into what's going to happen in his book Take a Chance, which comes out February of 2014. 

Simple Perfection was filled with lots of ups and down, twists and turns.  I actually read it all in one day, in between loads of laundry, helping the kids with homework, and dinnertime. I couldn't put it down. Some scenes made me smile, some parts made me cry and some things made me gasp.  When I got to the end, I kept skimming the last paragraph because I was just...stunned.  All of this made for a great book that I will most likely re-read at some point.



Rating: 4 Stars

1 comment:

  1. I laughed, screamed, cried and gasped too. Such a good book. And you're right - Abbi Glines does a great job keeping tabs on our favorite characters. I do appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR