Review: Switched by Cassie Mae

 
Title: Switched
Author: Cassie Mae
Date Published: December 2, 2013
Publisher: Random House LLC
 
 
 
Ever since high school, Kayla has been crazy for gorgeous football player Talon. But before she could muster the courage to tell him, he became a hot item with her beautiful BFF, Reagan. The only person who knows Kayla’s secret is Wesley, Talon’s best bud—and he’s got it bad for Reagan. Now they’re all in college together, hanging out 24/7. For Kayla, seeing the two lovebirds together is absolutely unbearable. So Kayla and Wesley hatch a plot to drive them apart before Talon has a chance to give Reagan the Christmas gift she’s been waiting for.

Soon enough, the once happy couple is fighting. Reagan suddenly can’t get enough of Wesley’s goofy sense of humor, and Talon seems to be paying more attention to Kayla than a guy who’s “only a friend” ever should. But just when everything seems to be falling into place, Kayla and Wesley accidentally spend a night together and discover a hitch in their plan they never considered: that switching partners may not lead to a perfect ending after all.
 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18166750-switched?from_search=true
 
 

My Thoughts:
 
Switched was a light, yet fun read!  It's different than a lot of the New Adult books that I've been reading lately. There's not much cussing and only one heavy make out scene. Don't get me wrong, I love my sexy books, but it was kind of refreshing to read a 'cleaner' NA book.
 
The main character Kayla is a freshman in college, and although she is very sweet, she's quite naïve at times.  She has been madly in love with the handsome and athletic Talon, since she was a young girl. Talon just so happens to be Kayla's best friend Reagan's, long term boyfriend, and Kayla has never told Reagan how she feels.  It would seem like an innocent crush, but Kayla goes out of her way to stalk, touch, and to flirt with Talon, and she secretly hopes that he and Reagan break up soon. It just so happens that Talon's best friend, Wes, is in love with Reagan.  So the two of them join forces to try and break the other couple up. Kayla even keeps track of their plans and progress in a  journal.
 
I was grateful that Kayla and Wes didn't do anything too vicious.  Reagan and Talon on the other hand were mean and a bit cruel at times. I felt like they knowingly played with Kayla and Wes' feelings and led them on.  I was very surprised that the four could remain friends throughout this, despite all of the shenanigans that went on. 
 
I have to say- my favorite character by far was Wesley. He was so cute and funny, and although it started off rocky, the friendship he developed with Kayla was really sweet and strong .  I could not relate to Reagan, however. She seemed really selfish and full of herself at times. She tried to make it come across that she had good intentions, but I found myself really doubting that.
 
With that said, I thought Switched was a fast paced, fun stand-alone book. I would definitely read more books by this author.
 

 
 
Rating: 3.5 Stars
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR