Review: As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre




Title: As Long as You Love Me
Series: #2 in 2B Trilogy
Author: Ann Aguirre
Published: September 30, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin






Most people dream about getting out of Sharon, Nebraska, but after three years away, Lauren Barrett is coming home. She has her reasons—missing her family, losing her college scholarship. But then there's the reason Lauren can't admit to anyone: Rob Conrad, her best friend's older brother.

Football prowess and jaw-dropping good looks made Rob a star in high school. Out in the real world, his job and his relationships are going nowhere. He's the guy who women love and leave, not the one who makes them think of forever—until Lauren comes back to town, bringing old feelings and new dreams with her.

Because the only thing more important than figuring out where you truly belong is finding the person you were meant to be with.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22305310-as-long-as-you-love-me
 
 
 
My Thoughts:
 
I was really excited to read, As Long As You Love Me. Although we first met Nadia's best friend, Lauren, in book one, I didn't feel like I knew that much about her.  The two of them hardly seemed to spend time together and it seemed like they were slowly distancing themselves from each other.  Although, Lauren was outgoing and bubbly, I couldn't help but notice that she was hiding something.
 
I have to say, I really liked with Lauren. Yes, sometimes she'd do things and I would just shake my head, and wonder what she was thinking. But in a lot of ways, I felt like I could relate to Lauren. For one thing, we both screwed up in college. What it came down to was- I didn't really know what I wanted to study and I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Looking back, I can kind of see it was kind of a cop out (we should try our best at everything we try, right?).  However, at the time, I just wasn't motivated because of that.
 
Anyways, back to Lauren.  I had to give the girl kudos for figuring it out a lot quicker than I did, and more or less starting over. It wasn't easy for her to go back to her small town and to admit defeat. But she did it, and she attempted to take hold of her own life. She took control more than once, and while sometimes I didn't like her methods, she did what she felt would best for her in the long run.
 
Rob. Oh my goodness, I just loved this guy! He was so sweet and considerate.  Rob would really get down on himself sometimes, and I just felt so bad for him. Then I would get angry at his parents for treating him the way that  they did. So unfair! Rob did have another side to him, and holy smokes- did I like it! I really thought that Rob and Lauren balanced each other out really well, and tried to look out for the others best interests.
 
One thing that kind of bothered me about As Long As You Love Me, was how Lauren's personality wasn't consistent. She described herself as being shy and insecure, and if she hadn't told the reader this, I probably wouldn't have suspected it.  I did notice her being shy a couple of times, but for the most part she seemed confident in her work/computer skills, and around people. 
 
There were a couple of times, I wondered what made Lauren do what she did. I thought she was crazy to do them, to be honest. I was even more shocked that Rob went along with it, without any real complaints!  The other thing was that  I was really hoping that Lauren would have tied up one more loose end by the end of the book. This made me really sad.
 
I have to say, I enjoyed As Long As You Love Me, more than I did I Want It That Way (which was still great!). I will definitely be waiting for book three, The Shape of My Heart. I adored Max in the first two books, and I am really looking forward to learning more about him. He really needs, and deserves, a HEA!
 

 
 
 
4 Stars!


4 comments:

  1. I love her adult and fantasy books, and I am really looking forward to reading this :) Lovely review Anna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I really need to read her Razorland series! My niece said they were very good.

      Delete
  2. I need to get my bum in gear and read the first in this series. Gah, I say that a lot don't I?! Too many awesome sounding books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have the same problem! Lol! There are so many great books, it's hard to get to them all. Just not enough time in the day.

      Delete

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR