I cannot believe how quickly 2014 flew by!
I feel so bad that I did not keep up on my blogging as much as I would have liked too. I'm hoping to get into the habit of posting at least three times a week this year, even if it's to just say hello, or to share what is new in my life.
So what is new in my life? Well, in October, I went back to school! I had taking been college courses up until about two years ago, but had to drop out due to some family problems. After that happened, I never thought I would get an opportunity to finish college and to earn my degree. However, God opened a window, and I am now enrolled again. I'm attending online classes this time, and while they are intense and challenging, I love the format. As a mom of three kids, it's not always easy to find time to drive across town to the university, plan classes that will fit into my schedule, and look for babysitters, so this is working out perfectly, and I'm enjoying my classes. Luckily, a lot of my previous courses transferred over, so I am almost a junior. I am majoring in Educational Studies, and if all goes well, I would like to earn a Masters in Special Education. My own children all have special needs, so this field holds a special place in my heart.
Now that I am starting to adjust to this big change in my routine, I'm hoping to start reading more. I really slowed down once I started school, and I miss my books. Textbooks don't count! ;) I also hope to get back to reviewing, even if my reviews are short and sweet.
In the beginning of 2014, I signed up for the 2014 "Real" Book Challenge hosted by Swoony Boys Podcast and Fiction Fare. Last night I finished up the last book for this challenge, and completed my goal of 31 hardback/paperback books!
January
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (own)
2. Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (own)
February
3. Take a Chance by Abbi Glines (borrowed)
4. Fire & Flood (arc) by Victoria Scott (own)
March
5. Alienated Melissa Landers (library)
6. Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep (borrowed)
7. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (library)
8. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (own)
April
9. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (own)
10. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (library)
11. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (library)
May
12. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (library)
13. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout (own)
June
14. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (own)
July
15. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park (own)
16. Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly (library)
17. I Want It That Way by Anne Aguirre (own, arc)
August
:(
September
18. A Beautiful Wedding by Jamie McGuire (library)
19. The Siren by Tiffany Reisz (library)
October
20. Roomies by Sara Zarr (library)
21. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (own)
22. Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis (library)
November
23.White Hot Kiss (own) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
24. The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis (library)
25. Last Breath by Rachel Caine (library)
26. Lucky in Love by Jill Shalvis
December
27. My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories (library)
28. This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas (gifted, own)
29. Just One Day by Gayle Forman (own)
30. Coming Home or Christmas: Christmas Angel/ Unexpected Gift/ Navy Joy by Lindsay McKenna (library)
31. Just One Year by Gayle Forman (library)
2. Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (own)
February
3. Take a Chance by Abbi Glines (borrowed)
4. Fire & Flood (arc) by Victoria Scott (own)
March
5. Alienated Melissa Landers (library)
6. Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep (borrowed)
7. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (library)
8. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (own)
April
9. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (own)
10. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (library)
11. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (library)
May
12. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (library)
13. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout (own)
June
14. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (own)
July
15. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park (own)
16. Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly (library)
17. I Want It That Way by Anne Aguirre (own, arc)
August
:(
September
18. A Beautiful Wedding by Jamie McGuire (library)
19. The Siren by Tiffany Reisz (library)
October
20. Roomies by Sara Zarr (library)
21. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (own)
22. Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis (library)
November
23.White Hot Kiss (own) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
24. The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis (library)
25. Last Breath by Rachel Caine (library)
26. Lucky in Love by Jill Shalvis
December
27. My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories (library)
28. This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas (gifted, own)
29. Just One Day by Gayle Forman (own)
30. Coming Home or Christmas: Christmas Angel/ Unexpected Gift/ Navy Joy by Lindsay McKenna (library)
31. Just One Year by Gayle Forman (library)
What are my reading goals or challenges for this year?
I am embarrassed to admit this, but I have allowed myself to get behind with my Netgalley books. (That mood reading gets me every time). The 2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge, hosted by Falling for YA, was just the kick that I needed! I have about twenty books that I need to read and review. I will be signing up for the Bronze category of 10 books. Hopefully, I will double that though. I will likely slow down or stop requesting Netgalley books altogether, until I get caught up.
I may sign up for the Real Book Challenge again, as well! It was a lot of fun. I'm going to see how this month plays out first, though :).
I am also thinking about joining a Mythology Challenge. My son has been trying so hard to get me to read the Percy Jackson series, and I may just go for it this year.
What reading goals do you have for 2015? Are you signing up for any challenges this year?





























No comments:
Post a Comment