
Title: Mud Vein
Author: Tarryn Fisher
Date Published: April 5, 2014
Rating: 5...no. 6 stars.
When reclusive novelist Senna Richards wakes up on her thirty-third birthday, everything has changed. Caged behind an electrical fence, locked in a house in the middle of the snow, Senna is left to decode the clues to find out why she was taken. If she wants her freedom, she has to take a close look at her past. But, her past has a heartbeat... and her kidnapper is nowhere to be found. With her survival hanging by a thread, Senna soon realizes this is a game. A dangerous one. Only the truth can set her free.
Wow. Just. Wow.
I am a huge fan of Tarryn Fisher's, Love Me With Lies series, so I cannot understand why I put off reading Mud Vein for as long as I did. There is something so raw and so honest about Tarryn's words, and you never know what her characters are going to say or do. Nothing is sugar coated or conventional. Therefore, I did not find myself rolling my eyes or bored. Not for one minute.
This book in unlike anything I have ever read. I don't really want to go into it too much, because it would really spoil the experience for readers. I can tell you that I was on the edge of my seat, biting my nails. I had to read this book in chunks, because I had to think about and absorb the parts that I had just read. There were things that just gutted me, and had me in tears. And I hate crying. I really do. I couldn't help it though. Sometimes I felt like I could relate to Senna. Other times, I felt like I didn't understand her at all.
Then there was Isaac. Everyone needs an Isaac in there lives. After reading Mud Vein, I believe we all do, somewhere in the world.
I cannot express in words how much this book touched me, and I highly recommend it. However, this is by no means a fluff or a happy read. It will make you think and feel, though. I stayed up until 1:00 am, last night finishing this book. I think I spent another hour (maybe two?) reflecting on what I had just experienced in Mud Vein. I just couldn't sleep because my mind was racing. Starting another book right away was out of the question for me. How can I after reading such and enthralling book like Mud Vein?



























Great review! This was my favorite book of last year and I need to re-read again! It is so unique and just shattering -- no one can tell a story like Tarryn Fisher!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
DeleteI love love Tarryn Fisher's writng! I'm looking forward to rereading this and her Love Me With Lies series. Have you read Never Never- the new book she wrote with Colleen Hoover? I'm hoping to get to that soon!