
Title: F*ck Love
Author: Tarryn Fisher
Series: Standalone
Date Published: December 31, 2015
Helena Conway has fallen in love.
Unwillingly. Unwittingly.
But not unprovoked.
Kit Isley is everything she’s not—unstructured, untethered,
and not even a little bit careful.
It could all be so beautiful … if he wasn’t dating her best friend.
Helena must defy her heart, do the right thing, and think of others.
Until she doesn’t.
My Thoughts:
I have been waiting for this book to come out for a long time now. Well, it seemed like a long time to me, anyways. I love Tarryn Fisher's books and her writing style. She is raw, realistic, and creative. She embraces that we all have weaknesses and flaws somewhere, and her characters embody that.
Based on the content, I thought that this book would be darker than it really was. It wasn't as heavy as her other books. I did get frustrated with Helena and Kit. I wish they would be able to say how they they felt about things, but at the same time, I got it. They were both very vulnerable and afraid of losing what they did have. There was a time I got so angry with Kit, I wanted to yell, but then I realized that he tried to do the right thing. I couldn't help, but love him for that.
This was a great standalone novel. I only wished that there was more. I wanted longer scenes and maybe a bit more dialogue. I was hoping that we would get more closure through conversation.
With that said, I will be looking forward to Fisher's next novel. I will basically read anything that this woman writes. Time seems to stand still when I read her books, and they always seem to suck me in.


























No comments:
Post a Comment