Title: RuleAuthor: Jay Crownover
Series: Marked Men, #1
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Date Published: October 22, 2013
Rating: 4 Stars
Opposites in every way . . . except the one that matters
Shaw Landon loved Rule Archer from the moment she laid eyes on him. Rule is everything a straight-A pre-med student like Shaw shouldn’t want—and the only person she’s never tried to please. She isn’t afraid of his scary piercings and tattoos or his wild attitude. Though she knows that Rule is wrong for her, her heart just won’t listen.
To a rebel like Rule Archer, Shaw Landon is a stuck-up, perfect princess—and his dead twin brother’s girl. She lives by other people’s rules; he makes his own. He doesn’t have time for a good girl like Shaw—even if she’s the only one who can see the person he truly is.
But a short skirt, too many birthday cocktails, and spilled secrets lead to a night neither can forget. Now, Shaw and Rule have to figure out how a girl like her and a guy like him are supposed to be together without destroying their love . . . or each other.
My Thoughts:
I've had Rule on my to-read list for a long time now, and since it's release, I've heard nothing but great things about it and the rest of the Marked Men series. I was a little nervous about reading it, however, because of how much praise it's gotten. You see, I have recently read a few books that were 'hyped-up', but found myself a little disappointed in them. Well, I am very happy to say that I was NOT disappointed with Rule!
First off, I absolutely adored the main characters, flaws and all! They were all so different and unique, and I cannot wait to continue with the rest of the series, so that I can read the other guys' individual stories. I am especially looking forward to Rome's book, as he is my favorite guy so far.
Anyhow, Rule is Shaw and...Rule's story. Rule is a very complex, moody, and passionate character. He doesn't make excuses for who he is, though. What you see is what you get with him. Although there were reasons for the way he was or acted at times, more often than not, this was just his personality. Oftentimes, you get characters who are the way that they are because they have had something traumatic happen to them. While Rule does have a story, he also just had a stubborn, strong-willed personality. I still really liked the guy, though!
Shaw was an awesome character and I adored her. I admired that she could be such a kind and caring person, despite the way she was raised. She could have made excuses and became like her parents, but she didn't.
Rule was a fast-paced, fun read and the story really flowed. I kind of guessed what the big secret was early one, but that did not keep me from enjoying the book. I am really looking forward to reading the next book, Jet!



























No comments:
Post a Comment