Title: You Were MineAuthor: Abbi Glines
Series: Rosemary Beach, #9
Publisher: Atria Books
Date Published: December 2, 2014
From #1 "New York Times" bestselling author Abbi Glines comes a brand-new Rosemary Beach novel about Tripp Newark and his hidden romantic past with Bethy Lowry.
In the eyes of the wealthy playboys who frequent Kerrington Country Club in Rosemary Beach, Tripp Newark is a hero. Under pressure from his parents to become a lawyer and lead a conservative, upper-class life, Tripp disappeared from town five years ago to travel the world, forfeiting the opportunity to inherit millions. Yet few know what he was really running from...
Bethy Lowry was unraveling long before her boyfriend drowned in a riptide trying to save her after she'd had one too many drinks--again. A trailer park kid working as a cart girl among the wealthy patrons of Kerrington Country Club, Bethy has always been impressionable. But five years ago, before she earned her reputation as a hard-drinking, easy girl, she had spent a single summer with Tripp Newark that changed her life forever...
My Thoughts:
**WARNING: If you have not read the prior books in this series, please be warned that there are spoilers.
I tried to write out my thoughts without giving away any information from the other books in this series, and I just couldn't. I am so sorry. Too much of what happened prior to this book, affected how I felt about You Were Mine.
When I first found out that Bethy was getting her own book, I was stunned. I couldn't believe it, to be honest. Something horrible had happened a couple of books back that had me in tears. I didn't understand at the time, why the author would write Bethy's book so soon. But here is the thing, this book takes place about 18 months after that event, even though it felt like that trajedy happened yesterday. After reading the first few chapters of You Were Mine, I decided that Abbi Glines did a great job of handling Bethy's transition.
I have to say, I was a Jace fan. He was so light- hearted and funny, and he made me smile when he was in the picture. At the same time, I really fell for Tripp when we first met him in Della's book. He, too, put a smile on my face and I was happy that he could be there for Della. Bethy and Tripp's book has a little more serious content than the other books in the Rosemary Beach series. The two have had a history together and because of that, Bethy went through something that scarred her from then on. In You Were Mine we experienced flashbacks and saw how they met, as well as what happened to them.
I felt so bad for Bethy. She experienced so much sadness, especially after thinking that she had finally found her HEA. I was glad that she could start picking up the pieces of her life, so that they could live again. I loved how caring and protective Tripp was. He could read Bethy and knew when to stand back and when to move forward. He didn't play any games and he made sure that others gave her space too.
I think that this has become one of my favorite books in the series. Well, other than Grant and Harlow's books. Grant is still my favorite character, with Tripp following closely behind. I enjoyed the fact that the rest of the gang made a lot of appearances in You Were Mine, as well, and we got to see what they were up to.



























No comments:
Post a Comment