We're
celebrating
the
release
of
OPERATION
PROM
DATE
by
Cindi
Madsen!
Title: Operation
Prom
Date
Author: Cindi
Madsen
Age: YA
Genre: Contemporary
Romance/RomCom
Publisher: Entangled
Teen
Blurb:
Kissing
practice
has
never
been
more
fun.Kate ships tons of fictional couples, but IRL her OTP is her and Mick, the hot quarterback she’s crushed on since, like, forever. With only one semester left of senior year, it’s now or never if she wants to land him in time for prom. Since she’s flirtationally challenged, she enlists Cooper Callihan, the guy who turned popular seemingly overnight but who used to be a good friend.
Cooper lives and breathes rowing, but his partner just broke his wrist. When he remembers Kate’s good with a set of oars, he strikes a deal: help him train, and he’ll make sure her crush notices her. Only he didn’t know how addicting spending time with her would be. Or how the more successful the Operation is, the more jealousy he experiences.
The mission has been set. The troops have their marching orders. But what if the target is the wrong guy all along?
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains stargazing, accidental swimming, and poker swindling. This kissing practice will melt your ereader…and give you a new couple to ship.
My Thoughts:
Operation Prom Date is the first book that I have read by Cindi Madsen, and I have to say that I was really impressed by it! I found it to be cute and sweet, yet it also gave me nostalgia and made me remember many of the various feelings and emotions that I experienced when I was in high school.Kate was one of those people that I would have loved to be friends with in school. She was easy-going and super intelligent, and she knew how to let loose and have fun without compromising any of her values. Kate had some interesting hobbies, and I loved how she shipped couples in books and in movies! But most importantly, I admired her decision to go after what she wanted before the opportunity slipped away. She knew her value (without being conceited) and didn't second guess who she was or think that she wasn't good enough.
I cannot say enough good things about Cooper. He was so sweet and funny, and yet he was interesting as well. I loved that he was into astronomy. I have to admit, that I paused in my reading to download a stargazing/constellation app (like Cooper did), and I have been using it each night since.
Operation Prom Date was filled with with some great quotes and dialogue, and I adored the chemistry between the characters. It felt real and honest. I was happy to discover that Operation Prom Date is part of a series! I don't know who the next book is about, nor do I know the synopsis. I just know that I really liked the first story, and am anxious to see what Cindi Madsen will give us next!
About
the
Author:
Visit her at www.cindimadsen.com, where you can sign up for her newsletter and learn about upcoming releases.
Cindi is the author of YA books All the Broken Pieces, Cipher, Rift, Resolution, and Demons of the Sun, and adult romances Falling for Her Fiancé, Act Like You Love Me, Resisting the Hero, Cinderella Screwed Me Over and Ready to Wed.































No comments:
Post a Comment